Have you ever wondered just how many restaurants there are in the city of Boston? With this map, we have outlined small business restaurants and local restaurant chains by restaurant type. Next time you are looking for a restaurant in a certain area in Boston, Cambridge, Brighton, or Brookline, you’ll know which types of restaurants are in the area!
Interesting Facts on Boston’s Restaurant Scene
- 62% of the total number restaurants in the North End are Italian Restaurants.
- Coolidge Corner has nine Sushi & Japanese Restaurants (39% of total restaurants in the area) that are a five-minute walk from the Coolidge Corner T-Stop.
- In terms of restaurant type, the most diverse area is Allston’s Union Square. It has eleven different types of restaurants that are within a five-minute walk from the 66 bus stop.
- 42% of the total Chinese Restaurants open in Boston, Cambridge, and Brookline is located in Boston’s Chinatown.
- If you are looking for Korean Restaurants, your best bet is Packard’s Corner, Allston. 56% off all Korean Restaurants are located in the area.
- There are only 6 Ethiopian Restaurants in Boston; five of them are within a five-minute bus ride from an Orange Line stop. Two of the six restaurants are in Hyde Square.
- Latin Restaurants are another type of cuisine prevalent in Hyde Square. 38% of all Latin American restaurants are in Hyde Square. There are no Latin Restaurants North of Boston.
- There are only three Carribean Restaurants in Greater Boston.